Thursday, May 29, 2008

street style. art of layering with oversized vests and flats

i have always been fascinated with hongkong street style that sometimes i wish my uncle (my dad's stepbrother, who is local hongkie) would just adopt me! he lives around causeway bay so i could just imagine my life there... *hums* anyway, it was my dream destination of work, but since i was offered shanghai (on my first job, w/c is also not bad) i just have to be thankful for now and just watch these girls from afar :)


i would have never thought of combining an oversized vest and all-monotone-look with gladiator sandals - but she definitely rocked it! hhhmm... again, such a pretty face and long lean body could just pull off anything *jealous*


another oversized vest.. and i think thats a romper underneath? cool yeh?

14 comments:

Inspire Me Today.... said...

hi!! thanks so much for stopping by my blog :)

i'm full chinese :D in fact, i used to live in causeway bay when i lived in HK! ahh i miss it there

vivian said...

Hey, I love your blog!! I'll keep looking frequently! Thanks for the comments, and I'll definitely start posting more pictures! Hope all is well in China ;)

Cheers from Seoul!

Sharon Rose said...

Love these looks-very stylish!! I had to smile when you described your relative as a hongkie-my best childhood friend is one of these too and she trys to come back to England once a year if possible-I love to see her!

She's Dressing Up said...

Love both looks! The pants in the 2nd picture are great!

Naomi said...

both girls are sooo chic! love it!

One Sweet Day said...

ooh i love it! I would've never guessed oversized vests would look good.

Peeping Mode said...

i LOVE how the stirrups work...very cool, maybe..i'll give it a go one of these days

Dori said...

wow they look so cool!
i would never know how to wear oversized vest until i read this one...
thank you for dropping by vox!

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

while i fear this look would make me look short and squat, it's beyond cute on these girls!

Winnie said...

I totally get what you mean. Every time I go back to visit relatives (who actually live right by causeway bay)I am always awed by the locals and their quirky fashion sense!

PegS said...

and i am still searching for my perfect vest. I havent found one yet, been searching for one hi and lo. It's driving me nuts that all the vest i saw are not pleasing me..i mean my eyes.hehehe

la principessa emicrania said...

two amazing outfits! super you to discover them!

pammish said...

INSPIRE ME TODAY: ooh really? u really look like gong li and i love her! :) cant wait to go back to HK this year!!

VIVIAN: thanks sweetie! glad u liked it..

SHARON ROSE: "hongkie" hehe.. im glad u still keep in touch with ur friend..

:):):) everyone!

yiqin; said...

I will die to own an oversized vest as amazing as hers!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...