Sunday, June 22, 2008

it may sound too cliche, but when i'm depressed, i usually go SHOPPING

... and also when i'm happy, in-love, inspired, ecstatic, bored, bitter, jealous, heartbroken, angry, sad, etc. etc... i guess its a hobby huh?



so i started leaving my apartment with tights, since my post-ice skating bruises hasn't subsided yet. i realized i'm one of those people who takes too much time to heal (when wounded, and no - im not talking about my heart right now - but i guess it also applies there *sigh*). its also cloudy / sticky today. the weather in shanghai started being sucky since the start of june when its supposed to be - summer.



my fave (shopping) destination in shanghai: huai hai road. i really don't like shopping at malls here - its too manila. and i just like walking around the streets... people are far more interesting :)



i also noticed that zara finally opened its branch in front (literally) of h&m. so i just have to cross the street as opposed to 5 blocks on hai hai strip (for the other branch)... never thought being bankrupt was that easy!



and at the end of the day, i took off my tights and didn't cared about my bruise-issues anymore (fyi both knees). that's one of the best things living abroad on ur own - nobody knows you and nobody cares! hahaha...

so did shopping helped with my current depression? for a while - as always - yes. but im back to feeling sucky again :( no family, no close & trusty friends - this is the worst post-breakup ever! i just wish i cud buy a plane ticket and go home NOW. i know this is just a phase, but its HARD. and i'll keep on praying...

btw, thanks guys for all your comments on my last entry *hugs* i promise i will be better soon... and post my hauls to keep myself from thinking too much. *sigh*


top: from manila. vest: from china. shorts, tights, earrings, sunnies, shoes: h&m.

29 comments:

yiqin; said...

Thanks for the compliment :) You look great in the stripes top! :) & shopping ALWAYS cures EVERYTHING :D

aizat.cinta.goddess said...

the fashionista!!

love your style..owh i can see the H&M..i hope H&M will open their store in malaysia

Secretista said...

Shopping makes the heart go boom boom.

said...

thanks, aqua is one of my favorite colors =)
wow, I love your shoes, so shiny-chic<3
I too shop at every chance I get, it is so fun and amusing and drives boredom away too!

elle said...

well, everyone needs a hobby, right?!

I love that top!!

Siljesfashion said...

You look great! Hope you feel less depressed soon. Shopping always helps, if so only for a little while.

Dori said...

You look good in stripes!
Hope you feel better soon!
Hugs..

Danz said...

Cute shorts! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Ida said...

Pam, my lovely, is it all about a boy?! No, don't say that. As long as you are healthy and doing well, nothing else matters.

But I know what it is like to be apart from your family, trust me. Living through it every day. And it took me a year to find a real friend.

You've got me, though, ok?:)) Sending some positive energy your way, and a whole lotta love! Hope this weekend is a good one, and you've got a fabulous new week ahead of you:)

As to the sizes in Zara&Co. - yes, it is the same here with the prettiest and affordable stuff. Naturally, not so with the 160€ Zara maxi dress from the commercial. Which is basically why I like to go shopping pretty much every week.

And I tagged you!!
xx

vivian said...

wow, that striped shirt with red shorts, GORGEOUS!

can you believe we don't have H&M in seoul?? we have everything else though. the shopping seems great in china...

MR style said...

well im goin shoppin too but im cryin a lot before !!

Blonde hair, Blue jeans said...

that's the biggest truth ever...shopping cures depression!
i also have that therapy! =)

Sharon Rose said...

Hi pammish-this is a super cute outfit, I love this combo and the shorts are rocking!!

pammish said...

IDA: thanks love! :) i know! im overreacting right now.. i guess cos all my support group are so far away, and im always used to having them when sucky things happen.. but ill keep your word :) thanks so much for reading my posts! :)

abt shopping, totally! and its pretty weird cos when one item screams 34, i need to get it! even if im not sure whether i like it :) haha.. girls..

need to be positive! that's why ilove you! haha

pammish said...

TO ALL: shopping definitely EVERYONE's bestfriend!! haha :):)

and thanks you all!


AIZAT.CINTA.GODDESS: i know! next stop for H&M (in asia) i think is Tokyo? my cousin was planning to franchise H&M before in manila, but i don't know what happened.. i want it at home! hehe :)

VIVIAN: really? but korea is already fashionable even w/o h&m! i need to go there, really! :)

saray said...

love the outfit!
i really like your vest!

ivoreece said...

When I'm depressed, I do the same thing - shopping, shopping, shopping... :D

Kasix said...

Hey there! :) I was only 8 days in Shanghai :) but it was SO good!!!:)

Danz said...

Of course I don't mind you linking me, I added you to my blogroll too! :)

Amie said...

I shop when I´m all those things too... :) Especially depressed...

Thank you for your sweet comment! Hope you feel better soon!

PS: The weather here in Oslo sucks too...

Love Amie<3<3

pammish said...

SARAY: thanks! they're like MANGO overruns i got in china! ~hehehe...

IVOREECE: the word itself is already 'relaxing' :)

DANZ: thanks DANZ! :)

pammish said...

AMIE: you too amie! :) haha i guess its the weather no? both here and there have sucky weathers so we feel sad, but not forever! like the weather! :)

pammish said...

KASIX: thats so fun! i need to know where u went here :)

belle.chantelle said...

I LOVE THAT OUTFIT!
THE JEAN VEST IS KILLER AMAZING!

Wendy said...

I like your blog alot, great style.

pammish said...

BELLE CHANTELLE: thanks! sometimes i find the most wonderful things in china haha!

WENDY : ilove yours too! :) thanks!

warholchic2 said...

awesome outfit! i always love pairing stripes with a punch of red. youre gorgeous

pammish said...

warholchic2 : thats so nice of you.. thanks! :)

Mimi said...

I really like the jean vest with the striped top and red shorts combo!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...