Thursday, September 11, 2008

do u remember this dress?

after the long wait, i finally wore the coveted h&m maxi dress! :)



which was really UNintentional since i was planning on wearing a different outfit (my sister called it, "ridiculous!") last sunday night for a wedding at rockwell tent.

honestly, i just bought it last Spring (out of luck, since i saw it from agathe's blog weeks before that) so i could STARE at its gorgeous prints and nothing else. it was spring then, and shanghai has a reputation for awful weather. i brought it home on my vacation in manila last may, and forgot to bring it back again (w/c i totally regretted cos summer suddenly came in SH after i arrived).



and then i FORGOT even owning them. it was stuck at the back of my closet ever since.. until i had this "i have no dress to wear" moment and started pulling stuffs out of my dresser! take note: i was already teary! (@.@)

i didn't had the time to fix it (it's too long even with 4" heels!) so i kept pulling it up like a wedding gown! well, i honestly think it made some kind of a 'dramatic' effect, like "who's that girl in the gorgeous gown?" - unless that was my mind talking! ~haha.



to make the long story short, i'm just happy my sister pulled this one out because, knowing me, i'd probably wear it after 2 years!!

and to top it all, my friend (who's a makeup artist) was also 'just too bored' that day she played with me and my sister's face. i had always loved smokey eyes, but could't make them myself... so here,



i also liked what she did with my lips (nude beige + light pink) since i'm such a _____ with lip stuffs! (sorry, i took this picture after the party and eventually had it washed up & put lipgloss over) and did i mention she charged us for FREE? ilove it when people are bored! :)


dress: h&m. shoes: h&m. bag: gifted.

27 comments:

ModeJunkie said...

wow pammy is in a bloggin streak. haha! :) of course i remember the dress, how can i forget i have the same one. haha! loving the smoky eyes. looking hawt hun!

*~The World is My Catwalk~* said...

Hey!!

How are you doing Pam??? I love the smokey eyes!!!

lisa said...

You look adorable. I love your shoes...they go so nicely with the dress.

The Seeker said...

wow, you look adorable!

xoxo

cindy said...

that is a beauuutiful dress!

Taghrid said...

i love htat print!

Sharon Rose said...

Hi there-what a 'wow' dress! you look stunning!

ashleigh said...

oh gorgeous dress you stunner, you ! if only i could pull off the maxi dress!

Amie said...

Oh hello perfection! That is stunning.. STUNNING! ♥

Amie said...

I just have to say.. I have looked at your "jumping photos" so many times.. I just love them! Wish I had the guts to jump out like that. Well, that will never happen..

Ida said...

Looking fabulous, darling. I was just going to ask you about the makeup, and you let us all know your secret:)) Beautiful!

As for the dress, I also have it but have only worn it once over my bikini. For some reason it keeps slipping down my back, did you have that problem?

Have a beautiful all-year summer, love;)

xxxxxxxxx

PAM said...

MODEJUNKIE: blogging streak?? haha! u said it! im so weird eh.. i blog simultaneously when im NOT busy :)

AMIE: u shud try it! (jumping) :) its definitely liberating!! and thanks!

IDA: oops.. i shud keep it to myself next time haha :) the dress does keep slipping down, so i maxed it, and dragged it to the lowest (and i wasn't really wearing a bra underneath *shhh*) so it was a bit like BACKLESS dress! :)

Frickys said...

Thank you for your birthday wishes!!!!

You really look so amazing in maxi dresses and I would never have guessed this one is by H&M... you add class to every piece!!!

P.S. Could you, please, add me to your blogroll? Thank you!

Ula said...

I love maxi dresses like yours, but I don't wear them, cause I don't have the proper shape.
I wish I had sandals like yours:)

Mimi said...

Love that dress <3
I linked you...feel free to add me too if you like ;)

Couture Carrie said...

Love the dress on you, and these photos are fab, esp. the 1st one!

xoxox,
CC

The Clothes Horse said...

Great shoes and dress. Maxis are so dramatic.

Kira Fashion said...

you look fabulous and I guess is a great thing when people who are not in fashion say that we are not good, that´s o good sign! hehhe

a kiss!!!

She's Dressing Up said...

The dress looks great on you! It seems just as relevant for autumn as it did for Spring =]

lacouturier said...

that dress is gorgeous! =)

AsianCajuns said...

You look gorgeous in that! i remember it from Agathe's blog and coveted it in Spring.
Your make-up looks awesome too!

♥ Marta ♥ said...

O la la ... You look stunning :) WOW

Eelie said...

Wow, you look so beautiful. It's so difficult to get that 'smokey eye' to look effective on asian people but your friends' done a mighty fine job there! Kudos to her! Please pass that on lol.

The dress is so funky with the many prints and i like the 2nd picture too! Hope it wasn't too painful wearing those mega high heels of yours :) What size is it btw? Look slike the perfect heel height to me regardless :)

PAM said...

EELIE: thanks dear! :) iknow! she's so good im actually tempted to take makeup lessons myself! :) and my shoe size is actually a 39, and this one doesnt really hurt that bad cos i always put rubber soles when i wear heels :)

PAM said...

FRICKYS
MIMI

i would love to add you! :)

madalena said...

Oh my gosh!!! YOU LOOK GORGEOUS IN THE DRESS!!!!

kisses!!

Dapper Kid said...

LOVE the dress and the lip colour is divine!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...